12.1.05

Call of Duty: Finest Hour

Ok, I've been raving about this game for quite some time now...I just got my hands on a copy a couple days ago and I've had some time to play it here and there.

So, let me just start by saying that this is the most UNBELIEVABLE war game I have had the pleasure of playing. I don't consider my self a "gamer" but I do like to sit down on my little brother's Xbox and play for a few.

In Call of Duty: Finest Hour, you assume the roles of a number of different characters from Russia, Britain and the U.S. The storyline places you in a war scenario as it appeared to the average citizen/soldier. While the storyline is good, it takes a backseat to the intense action. Literally, this game makes you feel like you are in the warzone...For instance, a large mortar goes off right near you...all of a sudden you are shaken, your vision becomes somewhat hazy, you can't hear anything and you seem to move in slow motion. Such jarring effects definitely give this game an edge compared to other games - such as Medal of Honor, etc.

The game is sure to get better the more I play and most of the reviews I have read have given this game the thumbs up. I'm sure the game has its glitches, but doesn't every game have at least some problems? Plus, I am not the uber-dork when it comes to gaming, so I am positive that my untrained gamer eyes have missed some obvious gaming intricacies.

Anyway, the game is great - so go out and buy it and let me know what you think!


No comments: